Geography is the study of our physical and human environment through the processes, which shape it and the people who live in it. It is a crucial subject to help pupils understand their links with, and effects on, the natural world and their links with other people in the wider world.
At Hamstreet Primary Academy we assist pupils to;
- Develop the skills which enable them to find out about places.
- Develop a sense of place through knowing about the features and character of places, contrasts and relationships between places and how people live in them
- Develop an understanding of the patterns and physical and human processes which enable us to make sense of places.
- Develop an “informed concern” about environmental relationships and issues.
- Develop a sense of their own identity and place in the world, whilst appreciating the wonder which can be inspired by both natural and built environments.