Saltwood Silly Selfies #banterbooth PROMO VIDEO
Walmer Enterprise Video
What learning is taking place in classes?
Our children are proud of their work and it is a pleasure to share! To see this, click the classes page, then click the castle of the class you are interested in to view all the learning that has been uploaded to Edmodo. Soon, you will also be able see work that has been produced online using Purple Mash.
Watch this space-we are updating regularly!
Finally, if you click under the children tab, you will be able to find out lots more about what the children have been up to!
Latest Academy news from Twitter and Facebook
About Hamstreet Primary Academy….
Hamstreet Primary Academy serves children from local surrounding villages. It is situated in a pleasant rural location with easy access to the town of Ashford, the motorway network and Europe beyond. There are 310 children on roll aged from four to eleven. They are split into eleven classes with a maximum of 30 in each class. Some classes have two year groups within them. We have a staff of eleven full time and four part time teachers and a further twenty-five staff who support the smooth daily running of the academy.
Since November 2013, Hamstreet Primary, alongside Furley Park Primary converted to academies to create ACE Learning. We are now directly accountable to the Department for Education but have much more control in our practice and procedures.
The academy has excellent facilities providing a stimulating environment for all to work in. We have:
- a well-stocked library, a large hall for dance, drama, music, PE and assembly,
- an ICT Suite,
- good physical education facilities including the hall, sports field, swimming pool, artificial grass areas and hard surface courts,
- a community learning room,
- an outdoor environment incorporating a wildlife garden with pond, an outdoor classroom and a sensory garden for study and reflection with access to woodland,
- a large playground and field providing differentiated areas for active and quiet play,
- a full range of technical equipment including computers in classrooms and laptops for whole-class use, iPads, access to the Internet, interactive whiteboards in all classrooms, TV, videos, sound system, stage lighting and interactive CD player,
- a Care Suite which offers a range of provision for pupils with medical needs or physically disabled pupils.