Hamstreet Primary Academy serves children from local surrounding villages. It is situated in a pleasant rural location with easy access to the town of Ashford, the motorway network and Europe beyond. There are at present 304 children on roll aged from four to eleven. We have a staff of eleven full time and two part-time teachers and a further thirty-nine staff who support the smooth daily running of the academy.
Hamstreet Primary Academy is part of the ACE Learning Academy Trust. The trust comprises of two schools, Hamstreet Primary and Furley Park Primary. The Trust was set up in 2013 to run the two schools and enable them to provide high quality primary provision for the communities that they serve. As an academy, we are directly accountable to the Department for Education but have much more control over our practice and procedures.
The academy has excellent facilities providing a stimulating environment for all to work in. We have:
- a well-stocked library, a large hall for dance, drama, music, PE and assembly,
- 64 laptops and a 32 iPads,
- good physical education facilities including the hall, sports field, swimming pool, artificial grass areas, hard surface courts and wooden play structure.
- a community learning room,
- an outdoor environment incorporating a wildlife garden with pond, an outdoor classroom and a sensory garden for study and reflection with access to woodland,
- a large playground and field providing differentiated areas for active and quiet play,
- a full range of technical equipment including computers in classrooms, laptops and i-pads for whole-class use, interactive whiteboards in all classrooms, sound system and stage lighting in the school hall,
- a Sensory Room which offers a range of provision for pupils with medical needs or physically disabled pupils.
A private nursery Highways at Hamstreet Kindergarten is also situated on our site. It is independent of the academy but if you are interested in a place at the nursery please contact Vicky Long on 01233 732915.